Tuesday 11 March 2014

Blog no.1-Steps to success

Okay so it's 1.29am. I have just been watching what my friend described as 'men fighting naked'...come again? Fear not fellow reader I was in fact watching the latest instalment of Monday Night Raw (WWE) whilst consuming beautifully marinated chicken tikka curry and pilau rice which took painstaking  hours to produce (In the Tesco factory that is!) Surely I should have been eating something a little more nutritious you might say? Well it appears this meal may have influenced my first blog post (bizarre) but it is rather the exiting events that required me to eat it!


Earlier my heart was racing, my palms were sweating, not to mention I was pacing the corridors and generally experiencing all the symptoms of nervousness. Why? I was minutes away from auditioning for the role of presenter at my University's first EVER Hindu Society Flagship event. The event is an amazingly organised ball called 'Naina' (meaning 'eyes' in Hindi') due to happen at the end of March. Many awesome talents will be showcased on the night and I am so excited for a special performance by Panjabi MC! (Fellow bhangra head). For me I think 'eyes' symbolise worldliness and not only do they provide a window to the world they provide a window into our soul (okay I'm getting way ahead of myself!). Now, this may not be MTV but the audition (I'll get to how it went) was extremely important to me and made me realise how crucial these stepping stones are to my future success (Cue nacho cheese). It made me think why do we put ourselves into these stressful situations where we can barely carry out the simplest biological function of breathing?


That's where the outcome of my audition comes in to illustrate why. Although I may not receive the role of presenter I had the satisfaction of testing my ability and proving to myself that I am capable of co-hosting an event in front of an audience of hundreds. I am able to make the judges laugh with my witty and smart jokes (thanks Dad!). It gave me a sense of empowerment and realisation that a presenter is 'What I want to be when I am older' (baby voice).


 On a serious note I want everyone to be able to feel the kind of satisfaction that I felt. Go on and risk those nervous symptoms for the thing you desire because even if the outcome isn't necessarily 'positive', even if you don't get that University place or you don't get that job role at least you know deep within you tried your damn best and perseverance is the key to success my friend.  Importantly, you need such opportunities of judgement to make you consider whether what you thought is your dream actually is or not As they say Rome wasn't built in a day...Even now I am in a wrestling match with my eyelids but I must finish this blog for my own satisfaction. As I said, all these events are steps to our success so never give up...




It's now 2.36am and I can sleep knowing that this will help forge the path to my desired career...


Stay classy :)


(Apologies for any spelling/grammar errors, I'm so tired)

No comments:

Post a Comment